At Prince of Peace we encourage our students to be involved with and give to the community, through a service-based leadership model and by supporting a range of charities and causes.
Over recent years the College, through the work of student-led groups, such as the Student Representative Council and the Year 6 Parliament, has supported many good causes, including:
- raising awareness about homeless youth
- fundraising for Colours for Cancer Day
- fundraising for the Cycling for Smiddy charity
- supporting the work of the Meals 4 You program, a combined initiative of the College and the Prince of Peace Lutheran Church to provide meals to those in need in the local community
- fundraising for World Vision through participation in the 40 Hour Famine
- fundraising for the National Day of Awareness against Bullying
- fundraising for the Day for Daniel
- raising awareness about the work of the Australian Lutheran Welfare Service (ALWS) and fundraising for the ALWS Gifts of Grace program
- fundraising for Feeding Dreams (Cambodia)
- fundraising for Mates 4 Mates, which supports wounded, injured and ill current and ex-serving Australian Defence Force personnel and their families.
A small group of Year 11 students has the opportunity each year to participate in an ALWS overseas student study tour to gain real insight into the important work of the service.